The University of Sofia
The St. Kliment Ohridski University of Sofia is the oldest higher education university in Bulgaria founded on 1 October 1888.
The bronze figures if two wealthy men, the brothers Hristo and Evlogi Georgievi, for more then 70 years now stand dignified at the main entrance of Sofia University. The merchant brothers granted six million gold levs for the education of the young people.
The university has 16 faculties and three departments, where over 21,000 students receive their education. It has 324 offices, laboratories and seminar rooms, 65 lecture halls and 6000 student capacity. The University Library has 800 000 volumes and 450 seats in the reading-rooms.